Availability: Full time, on-site
Required years of related experience (freelance or professional): 3+
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Wexford/Pittsburgh, PA
Parking: On-site, free
Perks: Medical benefits*, dog-friendly office, unlimited coffee, walkable to many shops and restaurants, monthly company outings, frequent pot luck lunches
Degree requirements: graphic design, web design, web design with focus on front-end development, visual communication design, digital marketing or other closely-related degrees will be considered
Portfolio requirements: Candidates eligible for consideration must be able to share designs or links for at least three websites they have created. Mobile version of each site is a requirement.
**Disclaimer: An interview project (est. 3-6 hours) may be involved with this position’s interview process
ABOUT US ::
Sparq Designs is a full-service digital and traditional marketing agency currently located 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh in Wexford, PA. We are a rapidly growing team of talented individuals specializing in online marketing, design, media production, business development and frequenting Chipotle.
Our services cover more than your run-of-the-mill ad agency, and we’re darn proud of it. Each member of the Sparq team gets a chance to dip their toes (or give input) on the following things: digital strategy, brand design and development, website/app design, website/app development, traditional/digital graphic design, video production, photography, social media management, email marketing, paid advertising management, marketing automation and media buying.
Our goal is to change the way people and brands think, feel, see, relate and connect.
ABOUT YOU ::
The ideal candidate for this position will be willing and able to jump right in to a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced ecosystem. Although agency experience is not required, it is preferred. Candidates should be able to give examples of successfully interfacing with clients and solving their design/brand/marketing challenges. Intrapersonal communication skills are fundamental to being successful in this role.
Good design is the foundation and motivation for all that we do at Sparq. From social media campaigns to landing pages to complex mobile applications – no task is too big or too small for us to tackle. With that being said, the ideal candidate will come in on day #1 ready to learn and also ready to teach. We want to always be growing- while at the same time- always be learning. You can be certain that what you bring to the table will be heard, and we’re focused on candidates that are willing to contribute more than just design chops to the organization as a whole.
If the following traits sound like you, you’ll be an excellent addition to the SPARQ SQUAD.
[TRADITIONAL DESIGN CHOPS]
– Strategizing brand direction, color theory, logo research, logo design, brand book development
– Building design systems for print campaigns including menus, billboards, postcards, brochures
– Creating trade show materials including pop-up banners, sales sheets, promo materials
[DIGITAL DESIGN CHOPS]
– Demonstrating knowledge of UI/UX best practices, persona development, user testing
– Designing 10+ page websites, leveraging the 12-column grid system, optimizing layouts for desktop/mobile
– Communicating with website developer to ensure that your design/vision is successfully implemented
– Translating brand standards into a variety of digital media including ads, social graphics and email campaigns
– Taking creative direction from account managers to quickly turn around social graphics
– Demonstrating experience with designing custom email campaigns for Mailchimp or Constant Contact
– Designing conversion-focused landing pages for WordPress and Instapage
– Leveraging learned best practices to ensure that all designs are optimized for clarity and conversions
– Displaying ability and drive to actively communicate in both internal and client meetings/calls regularly
– Pursuing communication with manager and clients to ensure that work is approved and on track
– Leveraging the skill sets and expertise of peers to help inform your research and solve design problems
– Demonstrating passion to continue to learn new skills and share those skills with other members of the team
+ [BONUS SKILLS]
– Copywriting experience
– Front-end development training and experience
– Knowledge of website design as it relates to search engine optimization
– Friends that work at Starbucks (We <3 free coffee)
TOOLS OF THE TRADE ::
We use the following apps for design, project management, communication and maintaining a level of sanity.
+ Adobe Creative Cloud (Primarily: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom)
+ Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries
+ Apple Keynote
+ Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
+ Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
+ Canva for Work
If what’s outlined above sounds like it’s a great match for your experience we can’t wait to talk to you! Please send your resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to email@example.com. We are beginning the interview process immediately, so interested and highly qualified candidates should have availability to visit the Pittsburgh HQ within the next three weeks.